Thursday, May 5, 2016

Blogging for LSC 432

When I first looked through the LSC 432 syllabus, I was kind of glad to see blog posts incorporated as part of our grade. I enjoy writing in blog form like that, and have done it in the past both on this blog and for Fansided, an online site featuring sports content. I once wrote an article about former Wisconsin Badger star Sam Dekker twisting his ankle shortly before the 2014/15 season (the year Wisconsin advanced to the national championship game). Flash forward to March of that season, and the headline I used along with my pic appeared in a video Sports Illustrated did on Sam Dekker. 

All of this occurred before this class began, but it helped me understand how important it was to just get content out there, as you never know who could be reading. I'm currently working two jobs plus school, so I probably wouldn't have been writing posts if I wasn't forced to do so in this class, despite the fact that I like doing it. I'm pleased that we were able to do this and fine tune our blogs to look more professional (even though mine, admittedly could probably still use some work)

Most of the feedback I got on my blogs stressed adding links for better search engine optimization and even when I thought I had added enough, I still needed to add more, so that's something I plan to fix in the future.

I also began looking at this more from the audience point of view and tailored my blog for that. I started to think, well, if I was reading this, what would I want to know, and I think that will help as I move forward with my blog. I do plan on continuing to write like this, because as I mentioned before, it's great to just get content out there for potential employers to see. So here's to continued improvement, and thanks for a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment